In the past major discoveries have been made by observing life from a different perspective, questioning all seemingly given facts and, at times, challenging convention with creative genius. This is a culture familiar to Maurice Lacroix.
The Swiss company has repeatedly sought to conceive interesting timepieces which depict time in thought-provoking ways. Maurice Lacroix has a passion for progress and continually seeks ground-breaking ideas to charm and delight.
Its latest model, the Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Gravity, is one of the first timepieces to feature an all-silicon assortment. Developed in-house by this inventive watch brand, it is the latest example of the company’s forward thinking approach to watchmaking.
The Masterpiece Gravity is available in a Classical model, presented in a stainless steel case, and a Contemporary model, delivered in a sultry anthracite PVD finish. The diameter of 43mm bestows a generously sized area on which to display the various design components of the watch.
A key element of the Masterpiece Gravity is the “glass-box” sapphire crystal which is domed and magnifies the oscillator and assortment, making them appear to sit high within the case and according a sublime three dimensional characteristic.
An off-centre Hours and Minutes display features a white lacquered dial which is domed at its centre and retained with two mirror-polished screws. It includes diamond-cut indexes on the Contemporary model and Roman numerals on the Classical model. Framing the extremities of the dial is a flat minute rail, featuring circular brushing.
Hours and Minutes hands are thermally blued or rhodium plated dependent on the model selected. A small seconds display partially projects over the disclosed balance assortment, masterfully exploiting depth and curving line.
Adjacent the functions presented is a delightfully decorated canvas of Clou de Paris or Grand Colimaçon pattern. Again, dependent on the model chosen, this is rhodium or black gold treated.
The watch has an exhibition case back, affording a view of the delightfully decorated self-winding movement, featuring a Grand Colimaçon shaped Côtes de Genève motif. The generous proportions of the movement indulge the eyes with a large-scale view of each finely finished surface.
- Stainless steel, Ø 43mm, satin and polished finishing or Anthracite PVD coated steel
- Glass sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both sides / black printed Roman numerals and polished flange
- Water resistance to 50 m (5 atm)
- Off-centre Hours and Minutes display on white lacquered dial, black printed Roman numerals and polished flange
- Small Seconds at 4 o’clock, circular brushed with red Arabic numerals printed on second track
- Balance and assortment openly displayed and magnified between 6 o’clock and 8 o’clock
- Clou de Paris decoration to bridge with combination of straight brushing, rhodium treatment, sandblasted surfaces and polished bevelled edges (MP6118-SS001-110 )
- Grand colimaçon decoration to bridge with combination of straight brushing, black gold treatment, sandblasted surfaces and polished bevelled edges (MP6118-PVB01-130 )
- Stamped Hours and Minutes hands, thermally blued, diamond cut head in the pure tradition of making hands
- Thermally blued Seconds hand
- Genuine crocodile skin strap
- Hours and Minutes indicated by off-centred hands at 2 o’clock
- Small Seconds at 4 o’clock
- Frequency: 18,000 vph (2.5Hz)
- Power reserve: 50 hours
- Jewels: 35
- Adjustments: 5 positions after full winding and 2 positions after 24 hours
- September 7, 2015 - September 10, 2015
- Final sale and no returns. View details