Experience photography with every fiber of your being
Adventure and travel photographers need a rugged tool that is not only simple to use, but is also able to deliver high-quality, professional results. The Leica X-U offers you the perfect combination of compact size, low weight, intuitive handling and exceptional picture quality. Discover the essence of creative freedom for your photography and create pictures packed with power and emotion!
Shockproof and dust-sealed - Built for the toughest conditions
Here and now is the instant to capture the perfect picture - in a sandstorm in Morocco or on the sheer rock walls of the table mountains of Venezuela. Make the most of the moment! The Leica X-U gives you the freedom to dive into any adventure without a care in the world. Shockproof and dust-sealed, it defies all the elements and even takes short falls in its stride. The result: breathtaking pictures!
Waterproof - Digital diver
The Leica X-U invites outdoor fans and snorkelers to discover the wonders of breathtaking underwater worlds - at depths up to 49 feet (15m) and up to 60-minute dives! Not only this, the practical underwater snapshot button enables it to capture the wonders of the underwater world at the press of a button. The fast prime lens with an underwater protection filter delivers pin-sharp pictures with perfect resolution of even the finest details.
Rugged body - Tough performer
Windblown snow, sandstorms or torrential rain - the X-U is the perfect companion, even under the toughest conditions. You concentrate completely on your subject. Your X-U takes care of the rest. Because the X-U is constructed with a perfectly sealed body with TPE armoring for ideal grip, a specially toughened protective cover for the LCD screen, top and bottom plates made from premium aluminum and a failsafe double locking system for the battery compartment and memory card slot. Whatever the situation: you'll be ideally prepared for anything that comes.
23 mm prime lens - Extremely fast
The Leica Summilux 23 mm f/1.7 ASPH. lens has an angle of view equivalent to a 35 mm lens in 35 mm format, with an impressive, extremely fast initial aperture of f/1.7 and exceptionally beautiful bokeh. This offers a wider range of creative opportunities, inviting you to explore the fascination of selective focusing. Further highlights of the lens are an underwater protection filter and the ability to capture pin-sharp exposures from infinity to a closest focusing distance of just 20 cm. Outstanding resistance to stray light and flare makes the X-U the first choice for all lighting situations - no matter whether you are shooting architecture, landscapes, action or underwater scenes.
Leica X-U Features:
- Shockproof and dust-sealed, Built for the toughest conditions: he Leica X-U gives you the freedom to dive into any adventure without a care in the world. Shockproof and dust-sealed, it defies all the elements and even takes short falls in its stride. The result: breathtaking pictures!
- Waterproof Digital diver: The Leica X-U invites outdoor fans and snorkelers to discover the wonders of breathtaking underwater worlds at depths up to 49 feet (15 metres) and up to 60-minute dives!
- Rugged body Tough performer: Windblown snow, sandstorms or torrential rain the X-U is the perfect companion, even under the toughest conditions. You concentrate completely on your subject. Your X-U takes care of the rest.
- Stylish design Made in Germany: The stylish appearance of the Leica X-U was developed in cooperation with our partner AUDI Design. It skillfully combines robust, extremely high quality materials with the classic looks of Leica X cameras.
- Leica Summilux 23mm f/1.7 ASPH. Lens 35mm (35mm Equivalent) for bright, clear and incredible sharp photographs from infinity to close up
- Fast and easy switch between manual and automatic modes via focus ring on lens
- Full HD video
- CMOS sensor for outstanding photos with exceptional color fidelity and rendition of the finest details
- A wide selection of technical and non-technical accessories available to enhance the photographic experience
- Aperture settings 1.7 to 16 (1/3 - EV increments)
- Resolution Video 1080p 30fps, 720p 30fps
- Shutter speeds 30s to 1/2000s
- Monitor 3" TFT LCD, approx. 920,000 pixels, wide-angle field of ives 100%
- Exposure modes Automatic program (P), automatic aperture priority (A), manual setting (M)
- Lens Leica Summilux 23 mm/ f1.7 ASPH (35 mm equivalent. 35 mm) 10 elements in 8 groups, 4 aspherical surfaces, UW protective glass
- Size (WHD)5.2 x 2.9 x 3.1 in /133 x 73 x 78 mm
This is a pre-order that is slated to ship at the end of February.