The Block Lamp was designed by Harri Koskinen for Design House Stockholm.
It was introduced into the market in 1996, becoming an immediate success. Each part of the Block Lamp is hand cast and undergoes an extremely long cooling process to avoid cracking later on if exposed to strong temperature changes.
The matt bulb shape is sand-blasted. The Block Lamp is still one of Design House Stockholm’s most popular products and it has been part of the MoMA since 2000.
The edition with the red cord is a limited anniversary item. The black cord version is a design classic.
- Size: 10 x 16 x 9 cm.
- Material: Hand cast glass. The electric bulb is included.
- Color: Textile cord in red (limited anniversary edition) or black (classic version).
- Light source: 15 W oven bulb can be used as replacement for the bulb.
- February 15, 2016 - February 15, 2016
- Final sale and no returns. View details